Join Our Team
The Schechter School of Long Island is a K-12 Jewish Day School whose dual curriculum of excellence educates and empowers its students to be critical thinkers, ethical leaders, and globally engaged citizens, striving to achieve their full potential and ensuring a vibrant Jewish future. To apply for a position, please send your resume and cover letter.
Classroom Teachers Needed for Jewish Studies, Humanities, STEM, Physical Education
Grades K-12, 2020-2021 school year
We are interviewing creative and dynamic teachers for all school divisions – Lower (K-5) and Upper (6-12) in our Jewish Studies, Humanities, STEM, and Physical Education departments.
Applicants should be experts in their subject field and must:
- Support the social, emotional, and intellectual growth of all students
- Differentiate instruction for different learning styles and needs
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues in planning and implementation of lessons
- Make learning visible through communication with parents
- Serve as role models for students
- Master’s degree
- 3+ years of experience as a classroom teacher is preferable
- We seek candidates who are lifelong learners, out of the box thinkers, hard workers with a positive attitude, and reflective practitioners.
- Applicants should be comfortable with technology and open to acquiring new technology skills.
*The Schechter School of Long Island is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.